|Solo Pilot Certification:|
The Solo Pilot Candidate must demonstrate the following in the presence of either:
Skills and knowledge:
- two MCRCS Instructors, if the candidate is a student pilot, or
- one MCRCS Instructor, if the candidate is an experienced pilot who has soloed elsewhere
- Answer questions about MCRCS field rules correctly.
- Demonstrate proper field procedures.
- Perform pre-flight check of airplane and radio.
- Perform start-up procedure safely.
- Taxi and take-off both to the right and to the left, wind conditions permitting.
- Demonstrate trimming the airplane.
- Perform straight-and-level flight.
- Perform right and left pattern flight.
- Perform a "figure 8".
- Stall and recover.
- Perform a simulated "dead-stick" landing.
- Perform a balked landing (go around).
procedural landing pattern approach from both the right and left
direction. Complete landing from both directions if wind conditions
- Perform a full-stop landing.
- Taxi back to the flight station.